Monday, May 31, 2010

BP and the Gulf

I just need to start this off with a disclaimer... This is ALL speculation on my part, and just my personal musings. That being said...


What the HELL is wrong with BP and the US Government?!?!?!?

I am ashamed of them both. It seems to me (and please correct me if I am wrong) that BP has not done ANYTHING at all to attempt to STOP the flow of oil into the Gulf. To me, it seems that everything that they have tried has been an attempt to slow the flow, never to stop it. If I had to guess I would say that BP does not want or care for the oil to stop flowing. Even their new plans to cut the pipe and attach a new one, and in a couple of month have a boat there to collect oil from a new well connected to that well... seems like they just want to keep getting oil from the well, and not stop the flow.

This has gone beyond a catastrophe. For that matter it should never have been allowed to flow for as long as it did. Millions and millions of barrels of oil have spewed into the Gulf and more will continue. If BP wont close the well, then the US Government should. They should have weeks ago!

I am appalled by the fact that this has been allowed to go on so long and still continues and the lovely people at BP want it to go on for months! It is amazing that they are debating the possibility that there is oil below the surface of the water. Just like they (in my opinion) lied about how many barrels a day were coming out of the pipe. They are doing everything possible to mislead everyone so that they can keep their well going!

I don't know what the oil Lobbyists have promised  the people in Washington DC over the years or recently, but for God's sake people... it is time to give up the fucking greed and personal gain (be it money, fame, power, what-ever) and fix this before it ruins more than just a few billion life forms in the Gulf and spreads to more Oceans and Seas and waterways!


President Barack Obama, I know that you wont be reading my Blog. Hell, not many people do! But I am guessing that someone might glimpse this as your technology people are scanning the Internet for mentions of your name (and possibly BP), so someone might see this in Washington. If you do, then let it be known that you guys have to get off of your fat asses and stop the flow of oil in the Gulf! Not just slow it down and give BP time to start drilling there and collect the oil again. They fucked up! If they want to drill again they should need to start from scratch! And you need to MAKE SURE that they have proper safe guards installed this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment